The renewal of funds through fundraising efforts is critical to the perpetuity of our mission and vision.
Keeping in line with the spirit of Mark, his love of the game, his love of friends, and his love of activity, the MAK Fund has hosted events designed to engage the spirit of children and to provide for children.
- MILES FOR MARK 5K - Friday, June 2 at 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM.
Download flyer: 2017_MAK_5k_flyer.pdf
Schoolhouse Park - 1875 Nutt Rd, Dayton, Ohio 45458
Enter/get your tickets: www.speedy-feet.com (opens in a new window)
2017 - Upcoming
The Fund held the following fundraisers:
- THE MAK BASEBALL TOURNAMENT - May 13-15, 2016
- MILES FOR MARK 5K - May 14, 2016
- MAKATHON 100 HOLES OF GOLF - June 24, 2016
- Miles for Mark 5K - Our third-annual run hosted by our Ambassadors was a great success, with 200+ runners raining more than $7,000.
- The MAK Baseball Touranment - The tradition continued, providing local young baseball players great experience while raising money for the Fund.
- Miles for Mark 5K - More then 300 participants came out to run in our 2nd annual event, and no rain! The Ambassadors continued to work hard and it paid off in the end!
- The MAK Baseball Touranment - We decided in 2014 to donate some of the money raised at this tournament to the Red Rookie Success League. This is a free summer baseball camp for children in the Dayton area.
- Marco's for Mark - Marco's continued to support the Fund through proceeds from pizza delivery to Woodhaven Swim Club.
- Marco's for Mark - For every pizza Marco's delivers to Woodhaven Swim Club in Centerville in the summer, the restaurant donated a portion of the profit to the MAK Memorial Fund.
- The MAK Baseball Tournament - A baseball tournament for boys ages 8-14 has been held every year since 2008 at Action Sports Center in Dayton. This tournament has become a tradition for many teams who enjoy participating each year.
- Miles for Mark 5K - This inaugural even was planned and implemented by the MAK student ambassadors. Our first 5K was a huge success, with runners of all ages taking part.
The MAK-A-THON 100 HOLES OF GOLFOur premier fundraiser returned to WGC in Xenia on July 25, 2014, and came up nothing short of successful! 43 golfers committed to raise $1,500 each by taking the challenge to play 100 holes of golf in one day. These men went above and beyond, raising more than $100,000 for the MAK Fund. The day was full of fun, camaraderie, and of course golf! At the end of the long day, the golfers and their significant others enjoyed a party the Kreusch home.
This unique event is held bi-annually and will continue in 2016. Thank you to the following golfers for their time and committment to the Mark A. Kreusch Memorial Fund. We couldn't have done it without you! Andy Wilhelm, Jay Keighley, John Schimf, Jon Kreusch, Marcus Wendling, Larry Ryan, Mike Miller, Jim Houpt, Bill Anderson, Boyce Taylor, Tom Nikolai, Mike Crompton, Ryan Disher, Chris Cerar, Tony Argue, Brad Midtlien, Mike Brush, Todd Barrett, Pat Lunne, John Bradly, Andy Vollmar, Greg McAlpine, Tom Grawe, Jim Powers, Matt McAlpine, Scott Kaskocsak, Jeff Woeste, Bob Davis, Pete Cerar, Greg Page, Joey Bolek, Daniel Bolek, Todd North, Mark Wogoman, Jimmy Finke Jr., Mave McSemek, Jeff Gayonski, Chris Fowler, Jay Schwieterman, Allan Beam, Joe Drozda, Ryan Sponsler, and Matt Casto.